Saturday 12 August 2017

Found News Clippings Using The Microfilm Machine At St. Catharines Public Library

Today I went to St. Catharines Public Library  doing research using the microfilm machines at the library. I have been looking for birth, marriage and death announcements for relatives.

Once I find the news clipping I am printing a copy at the library it costs $0.50 to print a copy. I also write down the newspaper published in, the date and page.

If I already had a copy of the news clipping I just looking to find the newspaper it was published in, the date of publication and page.

The following I had already had a newspaper clipping: (click the title to see the article as previous posted on blog)

I have found the following from the microfilm machines: (The newspaper clippings will be posted in the next couple days)

  • Carter Jason Hemphill's Birth Announcement (Published by St. Catharines Standard, May 15 2002, p. B6)
  • John Marshall Dixon Jr.'s Birth Announcement (Published by St. Catharines Standard, Mar 29 1983, p. 2)
  • Elizabeth Jean Dixon's Birth Announcement (Published by St. Catharines Standard, Nov 4 1977, p. 2) 

No comments:

Post a Comment