Saturday 3 October 2015

Letter From William L Dixon To Edward L Dixon

Here is a copy of the letter my great-grandfather (William L Dixon) wrote to my grandfather (Edward L. Dixon)

Information I learned from the letter was William's birthday and address. The information learned from this letter helped me to find the US Draft World War II draft card. Which I posted about finding the draft card which can be viewed at http://dixonfamilygenealogy.blogspot.ca/2013/08/found-william-l-dixon-in-us-world-war.html

William L Dixon
Birthdate March 12 1894

Address on letter:
324 South 1st St
Coolidge, Arizona

Envelope

Page 1


Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6



6 comments:

  1. Glade I got to read my Grandfathers letter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the letter lisa. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought the letter my Great Grandfather (William Dixon) writes to my Grandfather (Edward Dixon Sr.) I was able to learn lots about his life due to his letter writing in his own handwriting.
    - He had a job spotting in Chicago at Semion Scale 186 1/2 per hour
    - He has asthma, had a bad asthma attack and was in the hospital for it Sept 6 1949
    - He owed a 1941 Dodge panel truck with a 1947 engine in it. He traded his 1937 Dodge Sedan in to get the truck
    - He has had Pneumonia 5 times before
    - Missed early life of his son (Edward Dixon Sr.)
    - That he forgave his ex-wife many years ago as she was only a child when then married
    - That he has told Edward that he last generation of Dixon's in the family
    - That he will be turning 56 years old and his birthday is 3/12/1894
    - That his hair is turned Gray
    I learned all this about my Great Grandfather (William Dixon) and I have never meant him.

    ReplyDelete