Saturday 12 November 2016

History Of The Last Name Dixon

History Of The Last Name Dixon
I bought this history of the last name Dixon from Hall of Names Toronto. They had a booth at Fan Expo this past September. 

It came with a Bibliography of the sources they used to come up with the history. 

I am hoping that this history of the last name Dixon, will help in my family tree research.

I am not sure if I am directly related to any of the Dixon's mention in this history. 

Dixon Coat Of Arms

The motto from the Dixon Coat Of Arms translates to "Fortune favours the Bold."


Part 1

Part 2



Part 3


Part 4
Bibliography of Sources 

4 comments:

  1. I love the coat of arms. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin. I am not sure if I am related directly to any of the Dixon's mentioned in the history, but a least it gives me a started part of where to focus my research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it sure does. It must be very interesting learning all about your ancestors. I love learning how people lived in the old days and how they survived. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I love learning all about my ancestors.

    ReplyDelete