Saturday 7 November 2015

Ancestry.com World Archives Project: Keying The Ireland Police Gazette 1863 - 1893 Record

I have the Ancestry.com World Archives Project Keying Tool Program download on my laptop. I currently working on keying some records to help submit to Ancestry.com. The record I am currently working on keying is Ireland Police Gazette 1863 - 1893.This record is a newspaper which lists crimes that people have committed whether they have been charged or a warrant is out for their arrest.

The kind of information that I am working on keying for the record is the publication date of Police Gazette. The Police Gazette I am currently working on was published January 12, 1892. Also names of the perpetrator of the crime, victim of the crime, date took place, location and age if mention.

I have been finding keying the record to be helpful in learning more about history. As well is helps when you hit a road block in your own family history. Plus you never know if the reason you hit a road block is the records you are looking for have yet to be released on Ancestry.

To know what the project is I am working on view the project tips for the Ireland Police Gazette

For those who wish to learning about the more visit Ancestry World Archives Project. You can also downloaded the program to help on keying ancestry records as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment