Tuesday 15 August 2017

Elizabeth Jean Dixon's Birth Announcement

Here is my sister Elizabeth Jean Dixon's Birth Announcement, she was born Nov 3, 1977. Was found on microfilm of old newspapers at the St. Catharines Public Library. It was published by the St. Catharines Standard, Nov 4, 1977, p. 2.

Transcription of text in the document:    DIXON - John and Linda are proud to announce the arrival of their daughter, Elizabeth Jeanne, on Nov 3, 1977, 61bs, 4ozs. First grandchild for Mr. and Mrs. Edward L. Dixon and second for Mrs. Elizabeth Dagenais. Thanks to staff of General Hospital and Dr. Epstein and Dr. Donevan.    



Published by St. Catharines Standard, Nov 4 1977, p. 2

1 comment:

  1. My sister Elizabeth posted the following in response to sharing this post on Facebook on Aug 16 2017 at 9pm: " This is flipping hilarious...my middle name is spelt wrong on my birth announcement or my birth certificate is wrong"

    I replied back with the following on Aug 16, 2017 @ 9:44pm "Think it is just a spelling mistake in the newspaper"

    Elizabeth then replied the following on Aug 16, 2017 @ 9:46pm: "Lol yeah it's the paper ... I think it's funny"

    I thought I would just share the replies on the blog as viewers of the blog can't see it on my Facebook page.

    My sister's middle name is spelled Jean on her birth certificate but Jeanne in the newspaper clipping.

    ReplyDelete