Saturday 23 February 2019

FamilySearch.org - William Leslie Dixon's Delayed Birth Certificate Found

On my family tree on FamilySearch.org, I had a hint for my great-grandfather (William Leslie Dixon) for a delayed birth certificate. I reviewed the hint and was able to prove that it was my great-grandfather. As on the delayed birth certificate, Willaim signed his name and with his signature, I was able to compare it to the letter that Willaim wrote to his son Edward (my grandfather) and the handwriting is a match. Plus the birthdate and birthplace match the information I already knew about William Leslie Dixon. Through the delayed birth certificate, I learned William's parent's names and their birthplaces. 

Finding William Leslie Dixon's delayed birth certificate finally helped knock down a brick wall I had on finding the parents of William.


Delayed Birth Certificate of William Leslie Dixon

FamilySearch.org Index of Delayed Birth Certificate 


No comments:

Post a Comment