Saturday 10 February 2024

Research Day At The Library/Records Found On Family Search

 

Today I spent the day at St. Catharines Public Library doing genealogy research. I was working on FamilySearch.org by reviewing records that were added by other users on Family Search. As Family Search is a one tree site that anyone can added records too profiles and make changes. I wanted to know if the records that have been added by other users are correct for my ancestors. If the record is correct I want to add the information into Family Tree Maker and source it, so it will sync to my online Ancestry.ca family tree as well. While working on my family tree I watched episodes of Finding My Roots on my iPad, which gets me into the genealogy mode.

I first started by making sure records that were previous found on Ancestry.ca were sourced and noted on Family Search, also if the record is available on Family Search I can add it as a source.

The records that I previous found on Ancestry and was able to find and source on Family Search were the following:




After reviewing a Vital, Canada , Ontario Births and Baptisms, 1779-1899 attached to Laura Elizabeth Fuller (my paternal great-grandmother) added by another user on Family Search, I was able to determined that this record was indeed for my paternal great grandmother. A detail blog post is coming soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment