Sunday 15 October 2023

I STILL HERE/Family Tree Maker 2019 Person Notes and Research Notes/Records found on Ancestry Library Edition

 I STILL HERE!!! I know that it has been awhile since I blogged anything on doing genealogy research. My last post was in 2019 but I have still been really busy working on my family tree. Just been forgetting to blog about what I have been working on.

I have spent lots of time working in Family Tree Maker 2019 created timelines for everyone in my family tree in the person notes. Also, transcribed all records with the information that has been learned from that record. The transcription of records is in bold to stand out in the timeline to know what has been found. Types of records transcribed is newspaper announcements (birth, engagement, wedding, anniversary, death etc), family bibles (also noted who’s handwriting it’s it), church records, census records, military records, etc.

 In the research notes in Family Tree Maker 2019, I have noted that the facts have been noted and linked from all sources, also have created a research log (I did use the posts on my blog to make notes of what has been done). In the research log going forward keep track of the searches done and what records have been located.

Person Notes For Jules Dagenais
Research Notes For Jules Dagenas

In March 2023, I had to have carpel tunnel surgeries on both wrists, March 1st for the right wrist and March 15th for the left wrist. So I was one handed for a month and was off work while I was healing from the carpel tunnel surgeries. I also was not able to use the computer while I was healing from my surgeries. Once I was able to go back to work at the end of April 2023, I wanted to ease back into using the computer so I wouldn’t have issues with my wrists again or cause my carpel tunnel to return.

Right wrist March 1st day of 
carpel tunnel surgery

Right wrist March 3rd with stitches
after carpel tunnel surgery once
able to take bandage off


Researching at St. Catharines Public Library

Well on Saturday October 14 I spent the day at the St. Catharines Public Library doing genealogy research on Ancestry. Currently I am using the Ancestry Library Edition to use the St. Catharines Public Library’s subscription to Ancestry to save money, then I just email to send the records home and enter the information on my family tree and source it myself.



1931 Census of Canada for Rodger Henri Dagenais

I had a very successful research day at St. Catharines Public Library. I found my maternal grandfather (Roger Henry Dagenais) in the 1931 Census of Canada, also found Roger in the Canada, Voters Lists 1935-1980 for 1974, also with my maternal grandmother (Elizabeth Dagenais), Gary Dagenais (uncle), Linda Dagenais (mother), and Rosemary Dagenais (aunt). I found my paternal grandmother (Jean Gertrude Marshall) in both the 1921 Census of Canada and 1931 Census of Canada.



1931 Census of Canada for
Jean Gertrude Marshall
Canada, Voters Lists 1935-1980
for Roger Dagenais, 
Elizabeth Dagenais,
Gary Dagenais,
Linda Dagenais,
and Rosemary Dagenais



1921 Census of Canada for
Jean Gertrude Marshall

More detail posts coming in the future about the records that were found at St. Catharines Public Library with transcription of the records.

I still need to add all the information from the records found today in Family Tree Maker 2019 and source all the information in the family tree.


2 comments:

  1. That was a successful trip to the public library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was I was really happy about that

      Delete