Tuesday 2 April 2019

Ancestry News Update/Upcoming Genealogy Class

I currently don't have a paid membership for Ancestry.com as I am trying to save money with genealogy. I have been doing lots of research at the St. Catharines Public Library using the Ancestry Library Edition at the library so I can still search on Ancestry and you can be sent the records home thru email. I have also been using FamilySearch.org a lot to do searches about my ancestors as it is free to use. 

Another reason I currently not paying for Ancestry.com is I am trying to organize all my research in Family Tree Maker 2017. A couple of weeks ago I posted a blog about creating a task list in Family Tree Maker 2017. And I mention that in the personal notes I am created a timeline of the person's life, and the research notes I am adding notes to help with my research. And I would like to work on this before I go back to having a paid Ancestry.com membership.

On Thursday, April 11, 2019, I will be taking a class a the St. Catharines  Public Library on FamilySearch.org from 2:00pm - 4:00pm it is a free class but if you want the handouts you need to pay $2.00. In this class, you learn how to piece together your ancestor’s history by learning how to search Historical Records, Genealogies, Memories, and Family Tree in FamilySearch.org, the world’s largest free genealogy website. Pre-registration is required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment