Thursday 21 March 2019

Family Tree Maker 2017 - Task List

I just finished creating a task list in Family Tree Maker 2017, of things I need to work on for the family tree. I currently have 2213 tasks created to work on, it might seem overwhelming but a lot of the tasks are created for information that I need to find out for relatives in my family tree that I don't know. So I created the task list so I know to be looking for that information. 

The types of tasks I have created in Family Tree Maker are:

  • In personal notes - create a timeline of life with events, including birthdates of siblings, children, grandchildren, family events etc, it happened while the person was living.
  • In research notes - add any notes to help with your research. Example if you estimate a year of an event etc.
  • Need to find out the birthdate
  • Need to find out the birthplace
  • Need to find out the marriage date
  • Need to find out the marriage location
  • Need to make sure all facts are noted and sourced for records 
Among other tasks related to missing information for a specific person or data entry errors.


Screenshot of task list from Family Tree Maker 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment