Saturday 28 September 2019

Found News Clippings In The Special Collections Room At The St. Catharines Public Library

On Saturday September 21, I  spent the day at St. Catharines Public Library doing research on the family tree. 
I spent time in the special collections room and I found the following:

  • Hear Ye! Hear Ye! - Edward L Dixon, 80th Birthday Announcement - [about my grandfather Edward Leslie Dixon] (I took a picture of the article) Found in a yellow folder marked Dixon (SPEC COLL 929.2 Dix) - Published in St. Catharines Standard, Jun 20 1998, p. F4 
  • Middleman Lists 165 Questions To Guide Franchise Holders [about my uncle Edward Leslie Dixon Jr] ( I took a picture of the article) Found in a yellow folder marked Dixon (SPEC COLL 929.2 Dix) - Had the date May 8 1976 wrote on the article - believed to have been published in St. Catharines Standard.
  • Franchise Buyer Beware [about my uncle Edward Leslie Dixon Jr] ( took a picture of the article) Found in a yellow folder marked Dixon (SPEC COLL 929.2 Dix) - Published in St. Catharines Standard, Jun 21 2000, p. B1
  • Policeman Also Wears Military Hat [about my uncle Gary Dagenais] (I took a picture of the article) Found in a black binder marked Cull/Daym (SPEC COLL 929.2 Sur V.15) - Published in Hamilton Spectator, Oct 23 1991, p. B4
I will be posted the articles I found in the special collections room in the next couple of days.

I found my Uncle Tom Dagenais' & Aunt Susan's(not sure what her maiden name is) marriage date on Facebook. Aunt Susan posted a post a saying want to wish my husband Tom a Happy 27th Wedding Anniversary on Sept 19 2019. Which lets me calculate the marriage date as Sept 19 1992.



I found my Aunt Pamela (not sure what her maiden name is) Dagenais' birthday on her Facebook page. Her birthday is Sep 5 1962. The Facebook page was viewed on Sep 28 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment